Hi there, how’s life? Mine is just settling back to normal after my Mum’s visit, it was a crazy time but it was very nice to have family over and see them after a long time. When you move so far away from home you sometimes lie to yourself about how much you miss the familiarity of your country, family and friends just to make life a bit easier. Even though it is hard to realise how much they are a part of you it is still good to the soul and I am happy to have shared this time with them.
Of course I had no time for crocheting at all though, so my pattern design and project schedule has been pushed back a bit (yes there is a schedule, and lists and organisers!) but I think I am still on track to design a Xmas pattern before New Year 😛 fingers crossed!
As usual I am rambling already, but the reason for this post is to share with you the lovely news that I have been nominated to the One Lovely Blog Award by Crafty Spell. You have no idea how nice it is to get good feedback from readers, you may think it is a small thing but any comments you leave or likes on Ravelry to my patterns really make my day and give me great joy. So thank you so much to Crafty Spell for your nomination!
About this award, here is what it is all about:
The One Lovely Blog Award nominations are chosen by fellow bloggers for those newer or up-and-coming bloggers. The goal is to help give recognition and to also help the new blogger reach more viewers. It also recognizes blogs that are considered to be “lovely” by the fellow-blogger who chose them. This award acknowledges bloggers who share their story or thoughts in a beautiful manner to connect with their viewers and followers. In order to “accept” the award the nominated blogger must follow several guidelines.
The guidelines for the One Lovely Blog Award are:
• Thank the person who nominated you for the award.
• Add the One Lovely Blog Award logo to your post and/or blog.
• Share 7 facts/or things about yourself.
• Nominate 10-15 bloggers you admire and inform nominees by commenting on their blog.
So I have already ticked the first two, and here are 7 facts or things about me:
1. I am from the beautiful country of Chile in South America, so let me know if you need any travel tips!
2. I LOVE cats, have had at least one through all my years until I moved to the UK and left my cat “Pimienta” (pepper in Spanish, you have no idea how much that name suits her) with my sister. This is the reason why I own anything that I have come across that has a cat on it: from pyjamas, to cushions, mugs, kitchen aprons, socks, hats (with cat ears of course), handbags and much, much more.
3. I am very petite, which is a new and nicer way of saying I am 3/4 of an average person.
4. I love dancing and have tried many styles through the years, including: bellydancing, flamenco, salsa, tango, jazz and ballet.
5. Dancing is the only physical activity I really enjoy. I am definitely not an outdoors person (yarn and the outdoors don’t get along) and I love my bed with my life. Have spent whole weekends in bed with only food and shower breaks.
6. My first attempt in the blogging world was a few years ago with a blog about make up, with reviews and tutorials. Now I barely put any make up on in the morning!
7. I have, many times in my life, had ice cream for lunch (or breakfast… or dinner).
Now my nominees, I really spent some time trying to find new blogs but could definitely not reach the target of 10-15 I am afraid. My criteria was to find blogs with less than 100 followers in Bloglovin and that are, of course, lovely. Some are not particularly new but here they are:
Feels good to spread the love! Be sure to check them out 😉
4 thoughts on “One Lovely Blog Award”
Thank you very much for nominating my blog. I will be following your blog from now on and look forward to seeing your Christmas pattern.
Hi Natasja, of course! Your blog is indeed lovely 🙂 Thanks for following!
Wow! What a fantastic surprise to come home to after a 6 hour drive across the country! Thank you so much for nominating my dinky little blog. I hope to one day reach the quality of your blog and patterns x 😊
It is well deserved, your projects are beautiful! That friends crochet cushion is amazing by the way 😉